In line with the AU 2030: Global Disability Policy, Technology and Education initiative, the Institute on Disability and Public Policy at American University (AU) helps to facilitate collaborative interdisciplinary research, teaching and outreach programs through cross-campus partnerships.
We also harness our unique location and the Washington, DC and New York communities - including policymakers, government officials, nonprofits, civil society, and the private sector - to "Bring the World to AU and AU to the World."
Cross-campus AU partnerships with the College of Arts and Sciences, Washington College of Law, School of Public Affairs, Kogod School of Business, School of Communication, School of International Service, and School of Professional and Extended Studies at American University focus on several core areas:
- Accessible Global Governance
- Global, Regional and National Disability Policy
- Inclusive Sustainable Development
- Inclusive Cities and Urban Development
- Inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction
- Information and Communication Technologies for Development
- Accessible Cyberlearning
- Accessibility, Assistive Technologies and Universal Design