IDPP leads the AU 2030 Strategic Initiative on Global Disability and Development, and helps to facilitate collaborative interdisciplinary research, teaching and outreach programs.
Our multidisciplinary, cross-campus research center at American University (AU) is supported primarily by the School of International Service, the Kogod School of Business, and the School of Communication. We also harness our unique location and the Washington, DC and New York communities - including policymakers, government officials, nonprofits, civil society, and the private sector - to "Bring the World to AU and AU to the World."
Cross-campus AU partnerships with the College of Arts and Sciences, Washington College of Law, School of Public Affairs, Kogod School of Business, School of Communication, School of International Service, and School of Professional and Extended Studies at American University focus on several core areas:
- Accessible Global Governance
- Global, Regional and National Disability Policy
- Inclusive Sustainable Development
- Inclusive Cities and Urban Development
- Inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction
- Information and Communication Technologies for Development
- Accessible Cyberlearning
- Accessibility, Assistive Technologies and Universal Design